Wednesday, July 1, 2009

First of the month check in!

Just my July 1 running check in! I have 3 days until the Peachtree, and every time I think of it my insides do a flip-flop (or maybe thats lunch?)

I am getting excited about the race. It looks like the weather is supposed to cooperate too, which would be splendid. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms, but that probably won't roll in until the afternoon. And it is only supposed to be a high of 89 degrees that day. This outlook makes me very happy. It has really been nice all week, seldom above 90 by the time I get home from work (6:15-ish) and go run, and low humidity. The low humidity was actually my foe yesterday - while it helped me stay cool, it sucked all the moisture out of my mouth and had my nose the throat burning from being to dried out.

So, this brings me to my first of the month status report:
For the month of June I ran 60.09 miles. Woo hoo! I will easily hit my goal of 80 miles in 8 weeks (Aug 1 deadline). Maybe after that I'll tackle 100 miles in 8 weeks. I'll probably be close to that anyway if I run in July like I did in June.


Well, wish me luck on Saturday! I'll be back with a race report either Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

And, by the way, Jon and I are in start group 9 (actually, I'm in 7, but we want to try to run together). Yes, thats the very last group with a start time of 8:56. I really really hope the weather stays moderately cool...


2 comments:

MyRunningJourney said...

Good luck on Saturday!! Dusty and I may have changed our minds, and we may run it after all haha. We're so fickle!! We probably won't decide for sure until tomorrow night, but we're in TG 2 with a 7:36 AM start time, so it's soooo hard to pass up! And I'll be honest, I want the t-shirt!

Ginnie said...

Do it, do it!

I mean, its not like you will be getting a PR in this race, with so many people. But I don't know, you are in TG2, so you might be able to.

And, yeah, I totally want my shirt!