I got home Friday (or was it Thursday?) to find our race numbers for the Labor Day 10k in our mailbox. I knew they were coming, I expected them sometime this coming week. I just didn't realize how much it disappointed me that I couldn't run it. A lot of people will say I'm better off, because that Cobb Parkway hill is killer (most of the race is uphill - the kind of hill that will put Cardiac Hill to shame). But I'm still really bummed. At least the proceeds from my race entry is going to The Children's Network, and not some corporation's pocket. But I will want my T-shirt and hat (yes, I'm one of THOSE racers), and my free entry into Whitewater.
Technically, I still could get into Whitewater for free, I do have my number after all.
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment