So here you somewhat see the length of the room. We were in the middle of putting up that long shelf across the back wall, hence the level. I plan on storing seasonal decorations that don't have boxes on the shelf, and hanging our ski bibs and heavy winter coats that only get worn every once in a while.
Another view of our shelves and storage bins. I've bought a few more smaller bins by now that fit in those empty spaces next to the bins. I've also started filling the bins. I'll probably just wait until we are 100% complete for those pictures.
As part of the great storage event of 2009/2010, I had to get something that would help me maximize the use of the bins and the space we have, as well as avoiding the cluttering effect.
I've always been curious about Space Bags:
I give these bags A+++
Seriously, the coolest things ever. I have actually since added one more twin size blanket to this bag. I had so much fun with these bags, I "space bagged" everything I could think of. I managed to fit 14 t-shirts into one bag, leaving a 4 inch space between stacks of shirts in the bag so I could fold the bag in half when I was done vacuuming it. I also fit 4 jackets of Jonathan's from when he was little into one (leather bomber jacket, a pro football letter man style jacket, a trench coat, and a bugle boy jacket). Another bag had 6 sweatshirts in it. All this I managed to fit into one of those bins you see above. ONE! With room to spare. How cool is that.
The bags come in various sizes, and some are large enough to fit a King size comforter into! I would definitely recommend these to anyone that has lots of comforters that they like to change out with the seasons. (Ahem, both my mom and mother-in-law) I would also think they would be good for those with kids. If there are clothes that they have grown out of that you just love, but couldn't' imagine parting with, these would be great for keeping those in (and keeping moths, ants, critters in general away) and keeping them fresh.
Hey Space Bags, I promoted your product, you wanna send me more bags?
No comments:
Post a Comment