Friday, February 4, 2011

Where did my sleep go

It is 12:53 AM and here I sit listening to my AWAKE baby. Where did my sleeping baby go? The one that used to go to sleep at 10 and wake up at 8? She has been a great sleeper since I started putting her in her crib. That was Dec. 16. As of last Saturday, she has decided that sleeping through the night was for the birds.

When she wakes at night, she isn't hungry, she just starts freaking out. She used to put herself back to sleep, but I guess now that she is becoming more aware of her surroundings she wants to be awake. I think we have entered into the 4 month wakeful period. I hope this only lasts for a few weeks. I miss going to bed when Jonathan goes to bed.

I think it is also time for me start getting her on a more routine sleep and nap schedule. I pretty much let her sleep during the day when ever she wants to, and for as long as she wants to. Perhaps she is getting too much sleep during the day, but how do you keep a baby awake when they want to sleep? All that accomplishes is a grumpy baby

No comments: