Friday, December 12, 2008

Tis the Season

We finally have all our Christmas decorations up! I am so happy! Now it really feels like Christmas at our house. After we got back from Savannah, we pulled the tree out, decorated it, decorated the mantle, I put out the Nativity scene, and played Christmas music the whole time. There are only 2 times during the year when I can stand to listen to Christmas music, on Christmas day and when I am decorating. Even at those times, the length of time the music is played is very limited. I'm not a Grinch or a Scrooge, I just don't care for Christmas music.

I saw a really cute idea on HGTV. Some people in Hawaii decorated a pineapple instead of having a traditional tree. I decided to take that idea for us, since we have our Hawaiian pineapple in our dining room. Here is the end result...

Not too bad, right?


But seriously, here is our actual tree. Notice the star on top. I love it. I have had it ever since I can remember. I joke and say its a fire hazard, because it is seriously almost 20 yrs old. As is the tree. But I love the tree. One day, when our basement is complete, this tree will go down there and we will have a nicer tree upstairs. One thing you can't see, is the 3 ft tall Nutcracker. It is in the corner to the right of the picture. My mom got it for Jon, since he likes Nutcrackers. It really is cute. I need to buy him a real nutcracker, because the one you see on the left side of the mantle is broken. He tried to crack a pecan with it last year. Pecan shells are harder than the wood used to make that thing, that's for sure.

Finally, our Nativity scene. My mom has been buying pieces to it for the last couple of years and she finally gave me the whole set last year for an early Christmas present, so I could enjoy it for that Christmas.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful and restful Christmas!

No comments: