Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I do not like running in the dark

Day Light Savings can kiss my butt. Why can't Georgia be like Idaho, or Hawaii? (Why can't everywhere be like Hawaii, but thats a different post...) This whole "spring ahead, fall behind" is annoying. Yeah, I like the extra hour of sleep in the fall, and I detest the robbery of my valued one hour of sleep in the spring. I would rather have more daylight in the afternoon than in the morning anyway, and on beautiful days like today I really despise it.

I want to go home and run. The sun sets at 5:45. I get off work at 5:30 and won't be home until close to 6, and thats if I don't stop at the grocery store like I need to. I figure, if I get home at 6 and get changed really quick, I could possibly get a good 30 minutes of running in before I can't see my hand in front of me. Maybe the full moon will help me out. All that being said, I think I will be investing in a head lamp in the near future - or just going to the gym to run for now on. I think Jon may have a head lamp from him backpacking days, perhaps I will have to raid his stuff sack when I get home.

Congrats to everyone that finished the NYC Marathon! What an accomplishment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand it either. I can't even take my dog for a decent walk, much less go for a run.

Looking forward to April, or whenever it goes back!