I promise, I have one coming.
Today I am 20 weeks and 1 day. Or, half baked.
I had a melt down this past Tuesday (this wasn't the first, either). Apparently I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that I am going to have this small person being totally dependant on me in 5 months. I've never had to care for anything more than a cat, and everyone knows they are pretty much self sufficient. I'm also realizing I'm pretty selfish. Seems like as part of my freak out, all I can think about is ME. I won't have me time, I won't be able to just pick up an go when I want, I have to be responsible...
But I know. Once the kid is here, I will still be able to do everything I love doing, and I get to share it with this little person (and Jonathan, but thats a given.) And I know, everything that I think is great now, will be that much better sharing it with my family.
So yeah, I am excited, I just don't show it like a normal person would. I am anxious and freaking out, and the way I keep those bad emotions at bay is by being almost apathetic toward the whole situation.
You know how I've mentioned that I don't like talking about baby stuff to people? Well, I've also come to realize that that happens to be my coping mechanism. I've been like this my whole life - before big tests, auditions, anything that could make you nervous. I push it out of my mind until its over with and then I let all the feelings come.
So anyway. Enough of that.
I have my anatomy scan tomorrow. Which means, we will be finding out if we are having a son or daughter! I am excited about that, but again, I'm not thinking about it. If I think about it, I won't be able to sleep. Its like the night before the first day of school, or Christmas Eve.
So, 9:00 AM. But I won't post here until we tell the parents, and obviously I have to get home to post. Ooh, fun times, we are going Burlington Baby Depot to price compare cribs and car seats. Jonathan is real excited (note the sarcasm).
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment