Thursday, October 28, 2010

She is here! (And I'm sooo late)

Well, its been quite a while since my last post, and this one isn't going to be that long because I hear the little miss waking up.

Miss Claire Elizabeth was born via C-section on September 27 at 7:58 am, weighing 9 lbs, 6 oz. I guess the doctors weren't as off on their weight estimates as I was thinking they would be. Everything was perfect about her. I think she scored an 8 and 9 on the Apgar scores. I don't exactly remember as I was a little out of it. She was slightly jaundiced, and we had to rent a bili-bed to bring her biliruben levels down. They are coming down, but her eyes are still a little yellow, but her pedi doesn't seem too concerned.

Other than lack of sleep and a slight case of reflux, we are all doing ok. She still has her nights and days mixed up, and she eats like a little pig. Oh, the biggest challenge so far has been her intense hate of being placed on her back. She sleeps best on her stomach. Its fine for naps when I can keep an eye on her, but is a little difficult for night times. I am probably going to regret doing this in the future, but our sleep position for the last month has been me in the recliner with her on my chest. Oddly enough, we both sleep better this way.

And with that I hear her crying, so I leave you with this picture of all of us. It is our first outing with Claire to a wedding in North Ga. She is 2 days short of 3 weeks old here.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm so impressed that you found time to post this! I keep meaning to post our birth story, but something always comes up! I'm glad everyone is doing well. We hope to see you next weekend!