Wednesday, January 28, 2009

When you wish upon a star...

I want to go to Disney World in the worst way! Jon and I have seriously been discussing going, which I am ecstatic about. I haven't been since 1999 with my band in high school. We decided that since we will probably start TTC this fall, we want to get a bunch of stuff and trips done while its just the 2 of us.

For instance, we obviously want to get the basement most of the way done. The guest bedroom will be down there, as well as his office. The baby room will take over the office upstairs, and the guest bedroom has a double bed in it. That will remain until spawn #2 comes along, but as it is right now, the bed is just too small for more than one person sleeping in it. At Thanksgiving, my parents came up and stayed for a few days and they brought their 5th wheel. Not so much because the bed was small (that was part of it), but also because they brought their two dogs and Jon is very against dogs in the house. With the basement done, the dogs will be allowed inside down there.

When I say most of the way done, I mean electrical and HVAC done, sheet rock up and mudded, maybe even all the painting done. The Guest room and the office also have to be completely done as well. I think that can be done by the end of the summer, if we hurry and get on it...

Really the basement is the major checklist item before children, and being pregnant will limit what I can do and how I can help with construction (fumes, heavy lifting, etc), and I'm so anal I will want to do everything that I can. Honestly, if it wasn't for the basement, I have no doubt that we would be TTC now.

So, back to Disney World... I want to go!! I think I am starting to break Jon too. I have already done research, priced park tickets, hotels, etc. I have even found eating places that are relatively inexpensive and easy on IBS tummies :-) I think he's caving. We will probably go March 23-27. I don't know where that falls in the spring break schedules of high schools and colleges, but that's the dates that work best for us, so whatev. We don't want to go in the fall, actually our ideal time to go would be October, but his family have already planned another trip to Gatlinburg for October and we might be viewed as slightly selfish for asking them to go to Disney World instead. Besides, that would defeat the "by ourselves" aspect of the trip.

Also, we need to space trips out for work. A week in June for Panama City, a few days in October for TN, and a week at Christmas. Going in March will nicely space out our excursions, we just have to remember to leave a few days at the end of July for our 2nd anniversary. We may just have to make that a long weekend kind of trip, like Friday through Monday or something.

Eeek, I can't believe we will be married for 2 years this July! Double eeek, I can't believe we will toss the BCP this August!

No comments: