Around 9:30 it started dropping these really fat flakes and it didn't stop until almost 4 when there was close to 4 inches accumulated on the ground! It really started sticking around 11. By 12 there was easily 2 inches on the ground, and it was fluffy too. That is unheard of here. Sure, the bit of snow that touched the ground was wet and soupy, but the top of it was fluffy, the kind that crunches and creaks below your feet.
We pulled my boogie board out of the basement. It is one of those 3 inch thick heavy foam ones with the slick bottom that make riding waves really fun. Well, I haven't used it in a few years because the time of the year we go to the beach there are never any decent waves. I got my use of it this time. We have some good hills around our house, so, in classic slip-n-slide form, I would get a running start and dive. So much fun! I decided it was a little less awkward if I put the board down and ran and dove on it. I even got my Mother in Law on it. THAT was hilarious.
Jon made his snowman, who I named Moe. I made a snow, err, slush angel, definitely soaked when I got up from that. The bamboo at the front of our property was all hanging down on the power lines, so I was hoping I wouldn't have to go into work the next day, but I am never that lucky.
By 2:00, it warmed up to 37 and the snow started to melt off the trees and it became a little harder to slide down. Needless to say, my jeans were absolutely soaked through. I should have worn my ski bib, but I didn't think that far ahead. Whatever, I had fun.
Two days later, there is still some snow on the ground in areas that stay mostly shaded. That will end soon, as it will be 75* this Saturday. What gives, Mother Nature? Oh, well, good day for working in the yard.
Here are some more pictures from the fun day...
Jon under the bamboo
Me going down the hill
Trees in our pasture
2 comments:
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm so used to snow, that I don't even go out and play anymore. It looks like you had fun!
I really enjoy it because we can count on the weather changing and being warm within a few days. If I lived somewhere up north, I would be miserable. I hate being cold.
Post a Comment