Today was my last day of boot camp!! Woo Hoooo! No more 4:30 mornings, no more bad water pressure showers at the gym, no more rushing around to get ready for work in 45 minutes. Or is it? Thats right, I am strongly considering signing up for the next 6 week round of boot camp. What am I thinking? But really, in all honesty, I've kind of enjoyed it. Yeah, getting up at 4:30 really sucks, getting all my work clothes together and in the car is a hastle, and don't get me started on trying to wash thick, long hair in a shower that is barely a trickle. What I really liked about it is that I go hard for an hour in the morning, and then I'm done. Sure I'm a little tired at work, but thats nothing new. I get to leave work and go straight home. That is the best part of it. And Jon really likes that too.
Oh, and the kicker, I got stuck with the shower with the worst water pressure for the 4th time this morning. A water fountain would have rinsed my hair faster. This shower also happens to be the handicap stall so it comes equipped with an additional hand held sprayer. You just turn a nob to redirect the water from the shower head to that. The stupid shower caddy hanging from the shower head had been broken and I wasn't able to wash my hair without pushing it back with my head. I decide to try out the hand sprayer, it can't be any worse than it is already. Hallelujah! The pressure in that thing was almost enough to take the paint off the walls. I couldn't believe it. Halfway through my last shower I figure it out. It would work out like that. Well, at least if I decide to sign up again I will have to make sure I get this shower from now on.
In the 6 weeks of boot camp I have lost 6.5 lbs (190.5 to 184), lost an inch off my waist, and 3 inches off my hips! However, I have increased by an inch in my thighs and 1/2 inch in my arms. I am contributing this to muscle gain since I have doubled the miles I run each week, and all the strength training has improved my arm muscles. I can really notice a difference in the mirror too, and I feel like I look more toned. Last week, Jon noticed without me having to prompt him. Talk about an ego boost! That compliment meant more to me than anything. Thanks Jon, if you are reading this. All these are reasons I want to sign up again. I have a target weight of 170 that I would like to reach by around the end of August.
In other news, I ran 4.6 miles yesterday. I was quite excited. The first 1.5 mile averaged to about a 10 min mile. The second mile was about 13 min, but it was all uphill - steep uphill. The last 2 miles were done on the 0.2 mile track/trail we have between our house and the IL's, and those were done at about 11 min miles. There was a little bit of walking, but only a 0.4 mile worth, and it was spread out over the entire 4.6 miles.
On May 30 there is an easy 10k up in Roswell. I am thinking about doing it as it is all flat and I think it would give Jon and I a good practice run on a 10k. It also happens to be a Peachtree time qualifying/placement race, but I am content to be at the back of the pack as far as the Peachtree is concerned.
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
3 weeks ago
5 comments:
Good job on the run!
I heard about that race in Roswell, but I'm confused. If you've already registered for the Ptree, how can you go back and give them a qualifying time? I registered with a sloooow qualifying time from a race last year, and I'm a lot faster now, but I don't know how you change the time you registered with??
Hummm... not sure. Maybe they meant for it to be for next year's race. Its a good chance I read it wrong. At least you registered with a time. I didn't have a time from a previous race, so I had to register as a, gasp, walker. Although, I'm sure I'll be doing lots of that.
That's awesome about your boot camp. If you don't mind me asking, which one did you do?
As for the Ptree questions, the race that you are referring to is probably a qualifying time for 2010. You can't go back and change your time for this year. Basically if you run in under a certain time (56?) you are in group 1A or 1B depending, if you submit a time that's slower than that, I think you're automatically in 2. So even if you walked a qualifying race, you'd still be in a good time group.
inmytummy, I don't know if you will come back and read this, and I had no clue that you had left a comment/question.
The bootcamp I'm doing it at Gold's Gym. Its only 2 days a week and I don't think its as tough as those at Piemont Park, or the ones that are 3 and 4 days a week.
Post a Comment