I've decided that I want to start keeping track of how many miles I run. I mean, I keep track of it while I'm running, but then I forget about it. What I'm trying to say is that I've never taken the time to add up the miles I've ran in a week, or month for that matter.
I started keeping track on April 14. As I was putting yesterday's mileage into the spread sheet this morning, I realized, "Hey, its been a month!" So, from April 14 to May 14 I have run a total of 42.1 miles. I must say, I'm a quite surprised, and pleased. Every week I have also been adding up miles, and I have been increasing my mileage by about a mile every week. Two weeks ago I ran 8.3 miles, last week I ran 9.2, and so far this week I have ran 10.6 - and I'm still not done! I have a 4.2 mile run planned for Saturday morning. I am pretty excited about all this.
Up until about 2.5 weeks ago, my runs have mainly been done on the treadmill. In an effort to get used to outdoor running for the Peachtree, and to help keep myself and Jon motivated, I have started running outdoors more. Its definitely much different, but there is so much to look at, it actually seems like it goes by faster. Like, last Saturday, I ran down one of my hilly routes and it was just so pretty. The trees were so green, the honeysuckle is blooming as well as other bushes, and it just smelled so heavenly! My allergies and sinuses didn't appreciate it much, but whatever. I really can't wait to get out there Saturday morning! (Does that make me a real runner - the fact that I look forward to my runs? Coach Zell would be so pleased.)
Another website that has become very useful to me is Gmaps Pedometer. Since I don't own a Garmin Forerunner (or something similar), I have no clue exactly how far I run. Gmaps is so cool. I can calculate my route automatically, meaning it calculates it according to the road, or I can calculate it manually. And, since I'm familiar with the area, I know what landmarks to look for at the one mile, two mile, etc. marks. But to be honest, I am looking into the Garmin Foretrex. I have a window open on the computer now, and I am reading the specs and reviews on it. Anyone have any experience with this? Do you think I even need it? I do a lot of hiking too, so I would definitely use it for that as well. I don't know, maybe I'm going over board...
Ok, so, I guess I've rambled on long enough. I better get back to work. If I don't input those numbers... it doesn't make much of a difference. (<---Friends quote)
~~~~~~~~~~
Update to weekend running... it didn't happen. It rained. All.Weekend.Long.
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
3 weeks ago
1 comment:
Of course you're a "real runner".. you're commited!!
I've never heard of the Garmin Foretrex. I had the Garmin Forerunner 50 (the cheapest, most basic of all the Garmins) and I hated it, because it was not user friendly, and I did not like the Garmin Connect website. I have heard great things about the more advanced Garmins though.
I am totally obsessed with "Friends"! When I read that quote, I immediately knew what it was from, and the exact episode!! Best show ever, hands down!
Post a Comment