
Baby's now the size of a peach!
Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords...savor this, their nonfunctional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with his head now only one third the size of his body. And intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy -- much more convenient.
How Far along: 13 weeks
Total weight gain: No clue. I haven't weighed myself since last week, but I'm willing to bet its up because I have had insatiable hunger for the last week.
Maternity clothes: I think I'm in my maternity pants for good. They are way too big and I have to wear my BeBand to keep them up, but I'm so much more comfortable during the day when I wear them.
Sleep: Pretty good, but I am routinely getting up at least once per night to pee.
Best Moment this week: Finishing the Bead Board in the downstairs bathroom. I know that has nothing to do with baby, but we have been putting off this project for over a month.
Movement: We have movement! But not of the baby kind...
Gender: No clue, but I'm leaning more toward boy.
Labor signs: No, thank you.
Belly button: In.
Cravings: Fruit.
Stretch Marks: Nothing new.
What I miss: Feeling thin.
What I'm looking forward to: Emergency ultrasound this Thursday (follow-up to my ER visit). I know everything will be just fine. I am looking forward to seeing the little one for the first time since 8 weeks. Perhaps I can get a print out too.
Milestones: Entering the second trimester.
It really makes me feel self conscience to know people are looking at me like that everyday. I see how the women in my office eye's wander south to my gut. I have been wearing looser shirts and my jacket around the office when it's comfortable. I have also been on a cardigan kick lately too. They are comfortable and I can get them bigger and have them hide stuff.
I am actually looking forward to having an obvious bump because then I don't have to suck in and I can start wearing maternity shirts. I am not, however, looking forward to unsolicited belly rubs - I don't think anyone does.
No comments:
Post a Comment