Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks and chin. Those little hands and feet- still webbed like paddles- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate.How Far along: 6 weeks (and 2 days)!
Total weight gain: None.
Maternity clothes: Rocking my fat pants, but I did buy a BeBand because I feel the time is closing in.
Sleep: Pretty good. I was sick with a head cold and sinus infection last week, so there were a few nights that I tossed and turned and couldn't breathe.
Best Moment this week: My first appointment on my Birthday (yesterday - 2/8)
Movement: Ligaments are moving and stretching.
Gender: Boy or girl.
Labor signs: No, thank you.
Belly button: In.
Cravings: Jon and I were discussing pickled baby corn the other day, so of course I had to go buy them. They hit the spot and were a nice stroll down the sensory memory lane.
What I miss: Oddly enough, watching my calorie intake and watching the scale go down.
Stretch Marks: Nothing new.
Weekly wisdom: I don't have to touch the cat box until October!
What I am looking forward to this week: Telling our parents this weekend.
Speaking of ultrasound, they don't do that in office. I was surprised at this, but mostly because I didn't expect it. I have to go over to the hospital for this, and I have to call and schedule it for sometime before my next appointment on March 9 (at which I will be 10 weeks - eek!)
I was slacking in my running this past week. I have had an annoying head cold and sinus infection, so I really didn't much feel like running. I have to hit it hard tonight. Well, no I don't, but I still have to run. Oh, and Dr. P said it was totally ok for me to run the Half Marathon in March, as long as I don't try to go for a PR or place in my age group. Pregnant or not, I wasn't going to try for that. I told her I just want to finish, and if that means walking half and running half, so be it. She did warn me to be careful, because I will be more prone to injury, but as long as I listen to my body and take it easy, I will be fine. Woo hoo! Hearing that definitely put Jonathan's mind at ease.
No comments:
Post a Comment