Thursday, April 16, 2009

30 Day Shred

I think I want to do the 30-Day Shred. I have heard a lot about it in the past, and recently heard more. The question is, do I do it while completing my 6 week Boot Camp? Or do I start it after Boot Camp is over?

As it stands now, me in my favorite swim suit is not pretty, so I want anything to help me get to looking better in it. I fear that doing the Shred and Boot Camp at the same time will lead me to get burned out FAST. So I'm thinking that starting May 2 I will start the shred program. Yeah, that is still during my Boot Camp, but if it is a 30 day program, I have to start at least 30 days before we go to the beach (June 6). Maybe I can get Jon to do it with me... That'll be the day.

From where I am right now, my ultimate goal is to loose at least 20 lbs, maybe 25. I know that won't happen by June 6 (7 weeks away), but I can get close and get firm by then.

I need motivation. I get so discouraged. I feel like I'm making progress, I feel like I look thinner/more toned in the morning. I step on the scale - up 2 lbs from yesterday. Argh. I guess I can attribute the weight gain to the fact that every muscle in my body is sore beyond belief and good ol' AF is on her ugly way. Water retention? Most definitely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the Shred. I say do it, but you'll probably want to be done with the boot camp first, or you may collapse and quit after the first workout. It definitely works, but you have to kind of force yourself to do it because it is the suckiest 20 minutes ever, but SO worth it! Good luck with it!

To answer your comment about the house, apparently they met with the bank Monday and are getting together all their docs to give the mortgage broker. So, they're still interested, but I am so impatient! Thanks for asking!