Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Brief moment of panic

Just call me butterfingers. Aside from the fact that I can't seem to hold on to anything lately, I am also victim to typing slips.

I was watching 5 - 10% off Lowe's coupons on my addiction, eBay. There was one minute remaining and someone outbid me. So, I go to enter in $5.00 into my max bid (when you about about to spend more than $2,000 in stuff for finishing the basement, $5 is nothing) using the One-Click-Bid. If you are familiar with eBay, you know how dangerous this is. It is really easy to get carried away and bid above what you want to pay for it. Anyway, I am entering my amount. Instead of hitting the "." I accidentally hit "3". !!!!! <-- I can't think of a word for my reaction. I just bid $5,300 for these coupons. Crap.

I emailed the person right away, before the bidding was over.

If I had taken and moment and thought about it, I would have remembered that eBay charges you something like 50 cents over the second highest bid. Whew!

So, lesson learned. Be more careful when using the One-Click-Bid. Oh, and I ended up paying $5.51 for them. Totally worth it.

No comments: