Friday, April 10, 2009

What did I do?

I signed up for Boot Camp. Yikes!

The gym I go to is having a 6 week Boot Camp session for those wanting the "Ultimate Get Fit for Spring". It was a little expensive, but when you consider it is 2 times a week (12 sessions), 20 people per "camp", 2 trainers, and a T-shirt (because the shirt is totally worth it :-P ), its really not that bad of a deal. You are basically dealing with one-on-one training - and, I have the accountability of a group to keep me motivated.

The downside, my group time is 5:30 AM Monday and Wednesday morning. Double yikes! That's what time I usually get up, so I guess its not that bad, I'll just be getting up 30 minutes earlier. The tough part will be getting a shower, washing my hair, getting dressed, putting my makeup on, and driving to work in an hour (I have to be at work at 7:30).

Monday morning is going to be interesting. My showers are usually 30 min long. I love showers. I love feeling the water pounding on my head and shoulders. Unfortunately, I am in someone else's shower and I am on a schedule. A TIGHT schedule. I asked my boss last week before I committed to the program, if it would be unprofessional to come to work with wet hair. He kind of looked at me like I had two heads. I then had to explain to him what I was wanting to do and that it takes 15 min alone to blow dry my hair. Fortunately, he is a bit of a fitness buff, so he was supportive of what I want to do and said wet hair won't be an issue as long as it is neat. That, and I get to work on time.

I am slightly intimidated by this endeavor. But I also think it will be good for me. I don't really push myself in my workouts. I do when I run, because I am training for a 10k, but otherwise, not so much. I'm secretly hoping the trainers are going to be in your face and really push me, kinda what you see on The Biggest Loser or something like that.

I'll let you know how Monday goes...

No comments: